As a company we take our corporate social responsibility seriously and each year choose a local charity for which we will raise funds. This year we are supporting The Rees Foundation. The Rees Foundation is a charity that supports young people and adults who’ve had foster care or residential care experience. They are there to make sure that anyone with care experience can get the support they need to help them achieve their maximum potential. They do some wonderful work but don’t get as much publicity as some of the other well-known charities. Hopefully this may soon change with this year’s Queen’s speech highlighting some of the issues facing care leavers.
We try to get all of our staff involved in fund raising throughout the year, just some of the fundraising events happening this year are;
- Dress down Fridays – All staff donate £1 per week in order to dress down on Fridays
- Spring Wolf Run – Some of our staff participated in a very cold Spring Wolf Run raised over £120 and are hoping to increase this by taking part in any upcoming Wolf Runs.
- Le Mans 24hr Karting Race – Over the weekend of 15th/16th July 2016 a team of Agility employees competed in a 24-hour Kart race at the ‘Circuit du Alain Prost’ nestled in the heart of the world famous Le Mans. The event was a real test of endurance, with each driver doing several two hour stints behind the wheel. Anyone that has ever been in a kart will know just how tiring a 20-minute session can be, so imagine what it was like for the team! We expect they covered around a 1000 miles which is the equivalent of driving from Land’s End to Jon O Groats and back to Glasgow again – ALL IN A GO KART!!!
- Macmillan Coffee Mornings – We annually host a Macmillan Coffee Morning, whereby staff bring in/bake treats to sell and support a great cause.
- Bradley Lowery Foundation – Hosting a dress down and cake sale we raised over £160 for the Bradley Lowery Foundation