Travelling Abroad

Planning on taking your leased vehicle to Europe? You will need a VE103 certificate which can be requested by completing the form on this page.

The law states that all UK motorists travelling abroad in a vehicle must carry either the original vehicle registration document (V5) or a Vehicle On Hire certificate (VE103). Both the V5 and VE103 also cover you whilst proceeding to, and returning from, the port of embarkation. If you intend to travel abroad using your lease vehicle you will require a VE103 certificate (in lieu of the original V5), which entitles you to drive the vehicle in any EU member state.

You must apply for your VE103 at least seven working days before you travel. It is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and will cover you for all your EU travel within that 12 month period.

Don’t risk going without a VE103 – vehicles without a VE103 can be impounded without this. Even if the driver has a letter of authority with them, this will not be accepted in place of a VE103.

It is also a condition of your lease that you have European breakdown and recovery (including repatriation of the vehicle to the UK) in place prior to taking your vehicle overseas. Please contact us for help with arranging this.

**We require 28 days notice to issue E103 forms**